[Grok-dev] ImportError: No module named schemaless

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 06:15:44 EST 2008

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 9:35 PM, Sven Dehmlow <sven at kaffeechaoten.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm experiencing trouble while creating a new grok project. The error
> message is attached below.
>
> After googling a bit, I found a bug report for ubuntu
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zc.buildout/+bug/133462). The last advice in
> this report is to remove zope3 - however, I guess I need zope3 to run
> grok ... ;)
>
> Well, is there already a known fix for this issue?

The problem here is that you (probably) already have zconfig in your
python's site-packages. This is taking precedence over de zconfig
verion that really is required for Grok. The de facto solution for
this is, is to use virtualenv to create an isolated python runtime
(isolated from your system's site-packages that is).

I think there're probably references to this virtualenv solution to be
found in the archives of this list.

kind regards,
jw