[Grok-dev] ZODB and storing, retrieving, deleting, use of ID

John de la Garza john at jjdev.com
Sat Oct 4 16:54:48 EDT 2008

I'm making an app that has polls for voting... When I make a Poll
object to I have to create an ID so I can find it again.  I'm comming
froma RDBMS background and am wondering if there are any articles
that would helpl me transistion.  For example should the ID be the
last object id + 1?  I saw some sample code that kept the objects in
a list then just got the length of the list, but if items are deleted
then using the len as the ID could be trouble (not unique).... any
feed back would be apprecitated.  I've read intro to ZODB (Jim
Fulton) but it doesn't mention deleting