[Grok-dev] generic directoryresource in grokcore.view

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Oct 14 03:39:24 EDT 2008

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
>> Grok views by default have access to a "static" directory for resources.
>> They're a special kind of the more general DirectoryResource feature of
>> Zope.
>>
>> Since the resource "static" is always registered for the IDefaultBrowser
>> layer and I wanted to be able to skin resources too (in some case
>> leading to hard to debug error messages) I thought it would be nice to
>> have the more generic DirectoryResource feature available in Grok too.
>>
>> I'm working on implementing the more general 'DirectoryResource' on a
>> branch of grokcore.view:
>>
>> http://svn.zope.org/grokcore.view/branches/jw-generic_directory_resource/
>>
>> I still need to add functional tests though, esp. concerning skinning.
>>
>> Questions:
>>
>> 1) Do people feel this is useful to intergrate in grokcore.view?
>> 2) Could someone have a quick look at the implementation?
>
> I have finished this feaure and I'm ready to merge. If there's any
> interest in it of course.
>
> For your reviewing-convenience I pasted the diff between the trunk and
> the branch here:
>
>   http://jw.pastebin.com/f5a357f40

Good work! I see nothing wrong with it. However, you've renamed
grokcore.view.meta.static to grokcore.view.meta.directoryresource.
That's fine, of course, but the authors of five.grok should be made
aware that this happened because they might load this module
individually (Sylvain split up grokcore.view.meta for this reason).