[Grok-dev] Naming of grok.provides

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 04:11:28 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 10:02, Philipp von Weitershausen
<philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
> Kevin Teague wrote:
>>      Explicitly specify with which interface a component will be
>>      looked up. If a class declares that it implements several
>> interaces,
>>      :func:`grok.provides` can be used to disambiguate which interface
>> will be
>>      registered with the Zope Component Architecture.
>
> That's a pretty good definition. Thanks!

Yeah, that's how I understood it too. I got very confused now when it
was claimed that the zope definition is that a class implements and an
object provides. But I have the feeling that this is just plain wrong,
as I just a couple of days ago set a provides(ISomething) on a class.
:)

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64