[Grok-dev] Dependent choice fields with formlib

Santiago Videla santiago.videla at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 11:07:23 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to make a custom search form using formlib

In that form I have 1 select (schema.choice) that depends on another select
field, and using KSS when one changes the other is updated (for example,
country and city)

My interface is something like this

   master = schema.Choice(title='Master field',
vocabulary='some.registered.vocabulary')
   slave = schema.Choice(title='Slave field', values=['Select one...',])

But when the slave field it's update using KSS, the submit action give me an
"Invalid Input" error in the slave field.

I guess that this is because, the values updated does not belong to the list
of values (['Select one...'])

How should I tackle this?

thanks in advance

--
Santiago Videla
www.revolucionesweb.com.ar

Sigue la mata dando de que hablar siempre abajo y a la izquierda donde el
pensamiento que se hace corazón resplandece con la palabra sencilla y
humilde que l at s tod at s somos.