[Grok-dev] problem to buildout inside a virtualenv

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Thu Sep 25 06:12:49 EDT 2008

When you make the folder of a grok checkout a virtualenv
buildout breaks with the error:

  IOError: [Errno 26] Text file busy: '/.../grok/bin/python'

This is because in 'grok/buildout.cfg' the interpreter name is set to
'python' itself and 'bin/python' is already created by virtualenv.

  [interpreter]
  recipe = zc.recipe.egg
  eggs = grokwiki
  interpreter = python

Changing the interpreter name resolves the issue.

For me it is more likely that a 'bin/python' file already exists than a
file of an arbitrary other name.

Can we change the interpreter name from 'python' to 'debug' for example?

Regards
Michael

--
http://blog.d2m.at