[Grok-dev] grokproject and paste support

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Sun Sep 28 18:22:36 EDT 2008

Cool!
On Sep 28, 2008, at 4:28 AM, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

> I have put a new branch at
> http://svn.zope.org/grokproject/branches/d2m-dual-startup/
>
> It makes 'paster' the default grokproject server (but also lets you
> create a project with the old layout through a '--zopectl' option).
>
> Paster gets you a full WSGI environment, a 30-50% performance boost
> over
> zopectl and the wonderful AJAX debugger.
>
> Tests are added for both paster and zopectl setups.
>
> I hope it can be merged into the trunk before the next release.

Cool!

I like that the generated buildout.cfg file doesn't have any ZCML. I
noticed the conversation on IRC:

brandon_rhodes: Why not have it default to paster as the "real" way we
do things now, and have an option with which crazy old timers can run
it with "--zopectl" if they want?

How about having --crazy-old-timers as an alias for --zopectl?

:P