[Grok-dev] post-0.14-release notes

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Tue Sep 30 05:40:18 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> > We've just released Grok 0.14. In doing so, I noticed the following:
> >
> > * grokproject didn't create projects that would require the grokui.admin
> > package. I added that to the template file for the project's setup.py file.
>
> Also, grok 0.14's version list [1] doesn't include grokui.admin. So
> effectively grokui.admin is a free-floating dependency and not
> version-pinned. IMHO this should be fixed asap.

Yes, that would be nice when preparing new `grokui.admin` releases for
upcoming Groks. It is also safer than pinning it in `grokproject` IMO.

If someone tells me how to update the file on the server, I would do
that.

Should we also update the versions.cfg in the Grok trunk? `grok` does
not depend on `grokui.admin`, but I think its version.cfg is used when
creating the releaseinfo-file, right? So we could make sure it won't be
forgotten next time a release is made.

Best regards,

--
Uli