[Grok-dev] Over 2 months, and no new release?

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 03:23:49 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> I really really need help to do this, as I'm just one person and I'm
> overcommitted with volunteering already. It just requires some quick
> thinking on your feet to make sure there is progress. I can help sketch
> out a plan as above if required, but really it isn't all that hard to do
> this. You need to coordinate and delegate effectively and be bold enough
> push people into volunteering work (as I did above).

Ok, let me give it a try - you're right, you're quite busy already.

As release manager for 1.0a2, I set the release date to monday 08/04
(so, in a week). Provided of course that there are no show stoppers on
the way.

Goal for this release is:

* windows installation fixes that apparently have been applied
already, but need testing.
* whatever improvements there are on the WSGI front.

I'd really would like to have these improvements tested and confirmed
before releasing, but if this seems to be overly complicated, then
lets use the alpha for testing after all.

kind regards,
jw

--
Jan-Wijbrand Kolman