[Grok-dev] grokproject 1.0a3 released!
michael at d2m.at
Fri Apr 3 09:18:32 EDT 2009
The Grok team is happy to announce the release of grokproject
Grokproject is a tool that sets up a Grok project directory,
installs Zope 3 and grok and creates a runnable Grok application
This is another step on the way to the release of Grok 1.0!
- The eggs-directory path that we put in ~/.buildout/default.cfg is now
a shortened version on Windows (8.3 DOS style).
- The initial password is now stored SHA1 encoded.
- Make the zope.app.server.zpasswd utility available as a commandline
tool in bin/.
- The config files in paster-based grok projects are now generated by
zc.buildout in the new location parts/etc/ and can be adjusted to
local environments. Rerunning bin/buildout now rebuilds the
configuration files in parts/etc/ from the templates that can be
found in etc/.
To start paster you now have to do:
$ bin/paster serve parts/etc/deploy.ini
- Supporting faster test runs. See README-shorttests.txt for details.
- Pinned all package versions in the generated versions.cfg to the
latest released ones. Especially pinned z3c.recipe.eggbasket to the
most recent one, 0.4.1.
- Integrated with grokcore.startup Removed startup.py from the paster
- Add middleware to support access logging
See http://pypi.python.org/pypi/grokproject/1.0a3 for a complete list
of changes and installation instructions.
To update your `grokproject` version do::
$ easy_install -U grokproject
Note: Updating ``grokproject`` means not updating already created
Paster and debug.ini
You need to first access http://localhost:8080/@@login.html when
running the debug.ini profile (this is a temporary workaround).
More information about the Grok-dev