[Grok-dev] mr.developer and grokproject

Christian Klinger cklinger at novareto.de
Mon Apr 6 14:29:24 EDT 2009

Martijn Faassen schrieb:
> Hi there,
>
> Talking to Hanno here at the Pycon Zope sprint and he just mentioned
> mr.developer. We should look at using this for both Grok (and grokcore.*
> packages), and also for grokproject created packages.
>
> Someone wants to volunteer to look into this?
>
> In general I think we can learn a lot about the package layout that
> modern Zope 2 (or Plone) projects do.
>
> Regards,
>
> Martijn

Hi Martijn
Hi Grok-Developers

i looked a bit on the plone-coredev buildout which uses mr.developer for
the checkout´s of the various plone.packages.

I have created a prototype which try´s to do the same for grok and
grokcore packages.

Maybe someone has time to look on the buildout and provide some
feedback. You can find the grokcore-dev buildout here [1].

Christian

[1] http://svn.zope.org/Sandbox/cklinger/grok-coredev/

Here is README of the buildout:

============
grokcore-dev
============

Please Note: For this first prototype i used not the trunk of martian
and grokcore.security because these packages don´t work nicely together
with the trunk of the other packgages.

This buildout generates a "out of the box" development
buildout for these grok packages:

- grok
- grokcore.component
- grokcore.view
- grokcore.viewlet
- grokcore.security
- grokcore.formlib
- grokui.admin
- martian

This means that you find in the src directory the fresh checkout´s
of the trunk from the above packages.

mr.developer
------------

The checkout´s are done with help of the buildout.recipe
mr.developer. For further information please look at the
pypi package of this package [1] or call the 'bin/develop help'
command which is created during buildout process, and should
show you some further information.

commands
--------

Starting the Grok instance with the wiki-application:

   ./bin/zopectl fg

You can use the debug prompt with:

   ./bin/zopectl debug

You can run the tests for a special package with:

   ./bin/test -s grokcore.formlib

If you want to run all tests you can run this command

   ./bin/zopepy alltests.py

The ideas for this buildout is from the plone-coredev buildout [2].
So thanks for this...

[1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/mr.developer/0.11
[2] http://dev.plone.org/plone/browser/buildouts/plone-coredev/trunk/