[Grok-dev] Grok 1.0a2 released!

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Thu Apr 9 07:23:22 EDT 2009

Hi JW,

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Uli Fouquet <uli at gnufix.de> wrote:
> snip
> > I'll release a 0.3.1 bugfix-release later today. JW, could we update the
> > grok-1.0a2.cfg afterwards? Or would that be bad behaviour?
>
> That would be somewhat bad behaviour indeed...

okay, okay, was just a try. Let's be kind. Maybe it is acceptable for an
alpha-release to have some faulty config. We can do the Right Thing with
1.0a3.

> Which raises an interesting question: is the only way for updating the
> our know good set to release a new grok version? In this case this
> would be even more weird as grok *itself* does not depend on
> grokui.admin...
>
> Hmmm...

Hm, right. All I can think of to tackle this, is to do better checks
before releasing. Maybe we can define a formal process for this? I
should have checked this before.

> regards,
> jw
>
> ps. Please do still make sure to update the versions.cfg on the Grok
> trunk to include the newer grokui.admin version.

Sure.

Best regards,

--
Uli