[Grok-dev] Grok or Django?

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 21:11:12 EDT 2009

Jeroen Michiel wrote:
> First of all, I do NOT want to start a crusade or flamewar or anything, I
> just have the following problem that I want your opinions on:
>
> I have to make a rather complicated web application at work that is much
> more than just a dynamic website. It is for scheduling and running automated
> tests on our products and keeping track of the test results, doing
> statistical analysis on them, compare them over several versions of our
> products, that sort of stuff.

This sounds like a continuous integration tool. There are lots of those
out there, commercial and open source. Do you need to write your own?
Maybe you can write a plug-in to an existing one?

If you do need to write your own, I suspect both grok and django would
work just fine. The hard bits will be done in "plain Python". They can
even be done in "plain python that depends on grokcore.component", say,
so you can use grok-ish stuff and CA stuff, but the web front end isn't
published with Grok views.

Martin