[Grok-dev] Grok 1.0 final?

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 06:44:52 EDT 2009

Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> templates/<context id>_<view id>

+1

> .html

-1

> where context id probably defaults to the __name__ of the view context,
> and view id to the name of the view.

+1

> I prefer to use html as extension
> for attribute based template languages (genshi, tal, kid, etc.) so tools
> such as html editors and browsers know how to handle the file.

-1 -- The filename should indicate how the file will be treated. .html
means "this is a static html file", whereas ".pt" says "this is TAL".

I'm sure your html editor can be told to use HTML markup for a different
extension. I'm not sure how often people preview raw templates in a
browser. I've never found it terribly useful, since they'll lack all the
dynamic elements and so won't be a true representation of the end result.

Martin