[Grok-dev] Grok 1.0 final?

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 03:36:44 EDT 2009

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Eventually we'll move on to Grok 2.0 development.
<snip>

I can't wait :)

<random_thoughts>

Still, if I look at the amount of effort and time it takes us now to
keep Grok moving towards 1.0, I'm not sure what timeframe to keep in
mind for something like 2.0...

What I would like though is to see if we get ourselves on a time-based
release schedule for Grok, and have new releases at a regular intervals,
however small the new feature set may be - after 1.0 has happened of course.

There're still some major tasks to accomplish for 1.0 and sometimes I
wonder if we shouldn't just call whatever we have now 1.0 and continue
from there... but at the same time I would be slightly uncomfortable not
solving the module-directive-inheritance issue (and others)... Maybe we
started calling Grok "1.0 alpha" too soon, but doing so did get some
development-momentum back in...

</random_thoughts>

regards,
jw