[Grok-dev] Grokproject - Best Practices??

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 04:20:58 EDT 2009

Hi All,

On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 17:38 -0700, Kevin Teague wrote:
> Yeah, the second approach makes sense.

WOW! This was too easy.  :-)  What a difference in installation.  We
have a peer review process on OSHIP so I'll have to wait for
confirmation before merging to the trunk.

> BTW, on the name 'bootstrap.py', when I was explaining to another dev
> the other day what "boostraping" was, I wondered if it might be a
> little simpler to explain the purpose of this script if it was re-
> named to something like 'install_buildout.py'.

I think the name is appropriate.  Maybe this particular person just
wasn't familiar with the common usage of bootstraping (it is BTW where
we get BOOT for starting up a computer).

I will say though that I started the OSHIP project using zopeproject
before Grok came along.  As many times as I read the docs on buildout I
never really understood what bootstrap.py could do for me.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy Cook, MSc
Health Informatics Research & Development Services