[Grok-dev] grokproject 1.0a4 released

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Apr 17 10:59:55 EDT 2009

Hey Uli,

thanks for making this release.

Uli Fouquet wrote:
[snip]
>   * Reintroduce find-links to Zope package index in generated
>     buildout.cfg to avoid problems with z3c.widget and other packages
>     needing packages only hosted on Zope.

  > Thanks to all who contributed by filing bug reports, providing fixes,
> running tests or just complaining!

I'll be doing some more complaining then. :)

The find-links to download.zope.org/distribution really shouldn't be
used anymore. It's strongly deprecated and there was even talk about
*removing* this on zope-dev (something I argued against, but it shows
how deprecated it really is).

What depends on z3c.widget? z3c.widget exists on pypi. Looks like there
are more recent releases on download.zope.org/distribution. Bad. The fix
is to make a more recent release to pypi. We don't have access to upload
it, but we'll fix that by asking zope-dev. I'll do that now.

If there are other packages like this, please make a list and we'll fix
them this way one by one.