[Grok-dev] Work on grokcore.view shared_templates_userwarning branch

Vincent Fretin vincent.fretin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 12:49:55 EDT 2009

Hello,

I worked on the shared template directory issue on the grokcore.view
shared_templates_userwarning branch.
Grokkers now use the new template registry, all tests passed.

I think I did a ugly hack for UnassociatedTemplatesGrokker in
meta/templates.py
Actually, the templatereg.check_unassociated action should be registered
only once and I don't know how to do that without a global grokker.

To Martin Faassen:
_annotateGrokInfo is defined in grokcore/view/components.py, it's used to
set
self.__grok_name__, self.__grok_location_ on the PageTemplate. It's used
only in __repr__.
I used __grok_location__ to get the template_path of a template. We don't
know the extension in the file registry...

To Wichert:
you can use the same template with several view, there are tests for that
case.
and https://bugs.launchpad.net/grok/+bug/401726 is fixed AFAICT.

Regards

Vincent Fretin