[Grok-dev] LDAP authentication and groups

Jeroen Michiel jmichiel at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 10 08:43:00 EDT 2009

I got a step further in b): I can now add principals to a group. Apparently,
AD doesn't have an attribute called 'dn', but one called
'distinguishedName'. I used 'dn' as idAttribute, and although that works for
authentication (see line 136 in ldappas/authentication.py), it doesn't for
searching. With 'distinguishedName' it does work!
Now for applying permissions to a group: should I be able to do that via the
ZMI? I read somewher about a 'grantview', but I can't seem to get to that...