[Grok-dev] data.fs location

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 13:20:47 EDT 2009

Hi Uli,

On Mon, 2009-08-17 at 18:38 +0200, Uli Fouquet wrote:

> But as in paster setups both sections, [data] and [logs], use the
> z3c.recipe.filestorage template only for creating the directory (which
> is some kind of abuse of that recipe IMHO), we should anyway switch to
> something more appropriate. Just released z3c.recipe.mkdir for exactly
> that purpose (couldn't find an already existing recipe for that).
>
> Current score is 1-0 for switching to var/. I wonder what evil
> side-effects that could have (beside confusing developers).

Hmmmmm,

I wouldn't be opposed to parts/var  In fact I like the the parts/*
approach.

I haven't looked at many other Zope3 apps but z3extnet uses parts/* as
well.

As far as evil side-effects; yes, it'll affect alot of documentation
that already exists.  There are certainly trade-offs to consider.

--
Timothy Cook, MSc
Health Informatics Research & Development Services