[Grok-dev] Evangelism and bibliographies

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Tue Aug 18 06:17:50 EDT 2009

On 2009-07-26, Jan Ulrich Hasecke <juhasecke at googlemail.com> wrote:

> last week I posted this in the zope mailinglist, so sorry for this
> crossposting, but I want to reach as many people as possible.
>
> I created a Zotero Group for Zope.
> http://www.zotero.org/groups/zope
>
> There is one about Plone as well
> http://www.zotero.org/groups/plone
>
> What is Zotero?
>============
>
> Zotero is a plugin for Firefox to automatically create bibliographies.

Now, why didn't I use this when writing my phd thesis... :-)

Adding the various books is easy, of course.  But online sources are harder to
integrate into a bibliography system that's historically geared towards proper
books, proper conference papers, proper peer reviewed journals.  At least, I
had to jump through some hoops in bibtex to get my many internet resources in
my thesis' bibliography. "Published online at http://..." in the "note" field
or so...

Do you have any suggestions/tips on how to do this with the zope/plone groups?
(Obviously we shouldn't dump every single howto in there as a separate entry,
that's for sure, but you might want to reference the main installation manual
or so).

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org