[Grok-dev] schema.List returns a list, but is it persistent?

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Thu Aug 27 07:17:15 EDT 2009

On 2009-8-27 11:13, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Sebastian Ware wrote:
>> That is true, however I would definitely call that behaviour a bug in
>> schema.List. The assumption that only data manipulation is done with
>> applyData sounds risky. You could get some pretty creepy bugs...
>>
>> Anyway, I'll look into your suggestion.
>>
>> A suggestion is to change the behaviour of applyData so that it
>> returns PersistentList.
>
> -1
>
> The implications for backwards compatibility are enormous.

-1

Using PersistentList also means you are now dependent on ZODB and can no
longer user other storage options, for example SQLAlchemy via megrok.rdb.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net>   It is simple to make things.
http://www.wiggy.net/                  It is hard to make things simple.