[Grok-dev] Connections remaining open?

Jeroen Michiel jmichiel at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 7 04:56:53 EST 2009

Martijn Faassen-2 wrote:

> Just FYI I haven't seen this behavior, but it's quite possible that what
> you're seeing is a real problem. The paster stuff might have a few bugs
> to work out still.
>
> Can you reproduce this with a fresh grok project?
>
> I hope others can chip in. This sequential handling of threads is
> worrying - it should be able to handle at least some threads in paralle.
>
> What platform are you on?
>
> Regards,
>
> Martijn

I'm working on Win32 (WinXP pro SP3).
I tested a fresh V1.0 project, and I don't get the warnings. I do see,
though that it always is another thread handling incoming threads in a
'round-robin' fashion, but I personally don't see any problem with that.
Apparently, in my existing project, the threads keep a connection to the
ZODB open for some reason, even though the request is completely handled. If
I hit a breakpoint there always is only 1 thread alive, all the others are
sleeping (I'm the only user, remember).
I didn't have this behaviour before, and the main changes I recently did are
upgrade to V1.0 and implement LDAP authentication using ldappas and
ldapgroups(a package I wrote myself), so perhaps there is something in
ldapgroups that causes it...

How can I find out when a connection is opened/closed, or how many
connections are open?

Jeroen