[Grok-dev] How to create an interface providing another interface

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 02:54:26 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 8:16 PM, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 19:02,  <simon.elbaz at free.fr> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I try to create an interface providing another interface.
>
> I have no idea what that would mean. How does an interface provide an
> interface? What's the usecase?

This is done in some places in Zope, for example where a layer (being
an Interface really) is registered as a skin by making this interface
*provide* IBrowserSkinType. Grok does that here for example::

 http://svn.zope.org/grokcore.view/trunk/src/grokcore/view/meta/skin.py

In other words, I do not know of a way other than via provideInterface.

regards,

--
Jan-Wijbrand Kolman