[Grok-dev] a nice research project

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Sat Feb 7 23:13:27 EST 2009

Sebastian Ware wrote:
> This is seriously the kind of FUD you would expect from Microsoft (.NET
> Petshop anyone...). As I clearly pointed out, I am not saying that the
> comparison per se is bad. It is your insinuation in the blog post that
> is. And this reply is even worse. With great power comes great
> responsibility, with benchmarks comes even more...

FTR, I'm *proud* of the stuff we've done in BFG.  We worked *hard* to make it
perform as well as it does.  I want people to know that we did.

I'm sorry Grok didn't fare as well; I was surprised too.  I really want people
to understand that stuff that mentions Zope doesn't need to mean complex and
slow.  That blog post wasn't meant to tear *anybody* down; I compared the
frameworks I've actually used.

- C