[Grok-dev] megrok.cheetah

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Feb 13 15:27:14 EST 2009

Hey,

Paul Wilson wrote:
> A few people have come to Grok asking for instructions on how to get
> cheetah templates integrated, so I though I'd have a stab at writing
> megrok.cheetah. It is heavily based on megrok.genshi; the structure
> and tests are pretty much identical. Is this something that Grok would
> find valuable?

Yes. Clearly so, as people have asked how to do this. :)

In general, I think it'd be great to have support for more templating
languages, also so we can work out any issues in our multi-template
language support.

> If so, what's my next step for making it available and
> getting it reviewed etc?

Would you like check-in permissions in svn.zope.org so we can maintain
it there? That's the easiest way to at least make the code visible for
review. You can then mail here again to find reviewers and testers.

Another nice thing to do (once you're happy with it) is to release it to
pypi. A document on how to use this for our documentation section would
be very nice too.