[Grok-dev] Grok 1.0a1 under Apache+mod_wsgi

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Feb 16 14:02:49 EST 2009

Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> My question about that existing tutorial is, is Grok really
> multithread unsafe such that it is necessary to force 'threads=1'?

Good question. Perhaps best answered by the Repoze people who wrote the
tutorial, as I don't know enough about WSGI or the Zope server
integration to answer this... It should be answered though.

Grok (and Zope) have supported multi-threaded operation for a long time,
though. The ZODB is aware of threads and one aspect of the setup that
can be configured in relation to threads.

If we want to support multi*process* setups we'll have to go another
route and use ZEO to cluster the ZODB, though.

Anyway, it's good these questions are now being asked so we can work on
improving our answers!