[Grok-dev] Site layout

Brian Wolf brian.wolf at activustech.com
Mon Feb 23 16:51:52 EST 2009

All:

I'm still new to Grok.  Yes, I've read much of the tutorials, but still
am not clear on some issues which you may deem basic.  Try not to flame me.

To maintain a consistent layout throughout the site, most template
systems have a concept of breaking the page into parts, and assigning
rendering of the part to another (sub-template).  Very easy in Cheetah,
for example.  This seems like a more-or-less universal issue; most
probably many of you have already tackled it.

What is the best way to achieve that in Grok?
Using macros?  If so, how do you set up the macros/templates?

Thanks.
Brian

Brian Wolf
brian at activustech.com