[Grok-dev] moving towards 1.0a2

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Feb 24 17:31:02 EST 2009

Hi there,

I think we should start moving towards 1.0a2. Initially I'd hoped for it
to contain the martian refactoring work that JW and I started (to
support directive inheritance better. Although we've been making
progress it looks like this will take a while longer however, so will
likely have to wait until 1.0a3.

As was pointed out it looks like we've had enough improvements pending
in grokproject and grokcore.startup to warrant another alpha release for
this by itself. This includes fixes for important bugs like XMLRPC not
working in 1.0a1.

What I'd like someone to do is go through all the open issues and assign
those issues that have something to do with WSGI to milestone 1.0a2
(which I've just created).

Then we'd need some estimates for when we can release. I'd aim for a
date somewhere in two weeks time.