[Grok-dev] BBB removals on the way to 1.0

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jan 8 19:47:53 EST 2009

Hey,

Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
> Since we are soon approaching the point at which no further breaking can
> be performed,

An aside: while we of course will try to make 1.0 very solid and we
don't want to break anything in the beta phase (which we're not in yet),
I just want to point out we're reasonably happy with the way we've been
able to change things around and deal with them in upgrade nodes so far.
We hope we can continue following that pattern in the 1.x series as well
should we find good reasons to break things.

> are there any of our four (according to grep) BBB's that
> we have in our code base?  In particular, couldn't those two IGrok
> methods be removed without harm, to keep things clean going forward?
>
> I have also tested removing the two "BBB -- to be removed in June 2007"
> classes from `grokcore/formlib/components.py` and have found that the
> module's tests still run fine without them.  Could I pull those from its
> trunk as well, to benefit some future release?

Please feel free to remove them. Make a note in the upgrade.txt notes if
you think people are still using them though, pointing them in the right
direction.