[Grok-dev] grokproject putting Data.fs under parts/*

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Jan 12 10:03:35 EST 2009

Hi there,

Andreas Jung wrote:
> why does grojprojekt configure the Data.fs to live under parts/data?
>
> Moving parts like the Data.fs should in general live outside the scope
> and the control of zc.buildout?!

That's not the opinion of the people who wrote the buildout recipes
we're using. :)

The idea is that buildout can generate the whole setup for you, and that
includes the database. The benefit is this that buildout can also
potentially setup things like ZEO and so on.

You seem to have a philosophical difference with the people that wrote
zc.recipe.filestorage and zc.zope3recipes... We've been following that
pattern with Grok from the start and I'm not sure what you think is
wrong with it.