[Grok-dev] solving the grok.template() bug - part A of the solution

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Jan 13 10:49:20 EST 2009

Hey,

[getting rid of the implicit IContext association rule]

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
[snip]
> BTW, if we'd change the rules for grok.context and grok.viewletmanager
> not to have them look for implicit information, then only
> grok.template still does. What's your opinion on that.

Hm, I guess it is, though its dependence isn't on an actual component
but on a piece of other configuration information. That might make the
difference.

>> We'd need to widely discuss this with the community though before making
>> any such move.
>
> When we reach consensus on a proposal, I could write it and send it to
> the list as a separate topic.

I think it's a rather big change for 1.0, so I think we should postpone
this discussion to post 1.0. I know this is our last change to do big
changes for a while, but I don't think we should stop aggressively
evolving Grok post-1.0 anyway so this isn't the last chance.