[Grok-dev] Grok Configuration Documentation

Paul Wilson paulalexwilson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 17:10:48 EST 2009

2009/1/19 David Bain <david.bain at alteroo.com>:
> Perhaps the frequency of the word "grok" put my brain into temporary silly
> putty state.

I'm acutely aware of this puttying effect that you speak of :-) It's
made worse by the fact that I invent my own world 'grokkables' at one
point! It's certainly an area for improvement. One approach would be
to split it up into two separate documents:

 1. Understanding how Grok configures components
 2. How to extend this process to incorporate your own Grokkers into a project

This might allow the brain to solidify a little between articles...
And this will lead more naturally into a third document I've got in
the works, on how to use zope.configuration to kick-start the
configuration stage so you can use zcml/grokcore.component/martian
completely outside of a Grok project.

Thanks for your input!

Regards,
Paul