[Grok-dev] Using adaptation without running a web application.

Alec Munro alecmunro at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 10:01:49 EST 2009

Hi List,

I'm wondering what the best way to use adaptation in a script would
be. I would guess I would have to have a central method that did all
the necessary imports to set up the adapter registry, and run this at
the beginning of every script. I would probably be able to get by with
just Zope.interface.

But I'm very interested in suggestions for the best way to do this. I
may have to make this a web application in the future, so if there's a
way to make use of Grok's machinery without starting a web server,
that might be an ideal solution.

I'm not sure if this is still the right mailing list for this kind of
question, please let me know if it isn't.

Thanks,
Alec