[Grok-dev] pagelets/layouts in grok

Christian Klinger cklinger at novareto.de
Wed Jan 21 10:35:18 EST 2009

Hi again,

@Martin thanks for your suggestions...

i´ve started to read again some documentation of the pagelet/layout
thing. The best resources i found are:

http://www.carduner.net/docs/z3c-tutorial/skinning.html
http://pcardune.blogspot.com/2007/05/using-z3c-pagelettemplatelayout.html

After reading and trying to understand everyting correct my plan for a
first attempt of megrok.pagelt are:

* Working on a megrok.pagelet.Layout this should configure a Layout
   and a corresponding template. I try to get something similar to
   grokcore.view.View.

   class Layout(megrok.pagelet.Layout)
       grok.name(xxx)
       grok.layer(xxx)
       grok.context(xxx)

* Working on a megrok.pagelet.layout directive. So the idea is to add
   the *layout* directive to grokcore.view.View. If the layout directive
   is set the view should act as a pagelet instead of a browser:view.
   If there is no layout directive set on the grok.View the view should
   work as a normal grok.View.

   class Index(grok.View):
       grok.layout(xxx)
       grok.name(xxx)

Ok if i got no other suggestions :) and nobody says that i´m on a
complete wrong way, i will start the next day´s to implement
a first prototype of this...

Thanks for your help.
Christian

[1] http://svn.zope.org/z3c.template/trunk/src/z3c/template/zcml.txt