[Grok-dev] object relationships

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Thu Jan 29 03:57:19 EST 2009

28 jan 2009 kl. 21.15 skrev Jeroen Michiel:

> Martijn Faassen-2 wrote:
>>
>> Hey,
>>
>> All this will require a bit of experimentation by me. I will do
>> that as
>> I think it's an important use case for z3c.relationfield(ui), but
>> remind
>> me again next week, all right? It's not a noob question, I think,
>> and I
>> suspect we'll need to do some development work to get there. :)
>>
>> Currently we've got a bunch of people at a sprint to try to clean up
>> some underlying dependency structure in Zope 3, and I don't have the
>> bandwidth to spare to experiment with this.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Martijn

> No problem!
> In the meantime, is the workaround I mentioned (replacing the
> RelationField
> by a Choicefield in the AddForm, and then creating the relation
> myself in
> the action) a valid one, should I get it to work like that?

I have been using Grok for a year an a half in a dozen projects and I
am not deeply involved in the core development of the framework. I
have followed the golden rule:

"If it solves your problem in a way you can understand, then it is a
great solution.
  Once you learn more, you can always refactor."

I have done major refactoring of my live applications and it works
fine. Try your solution and see where it leads you. Just keep an open
mind and make refactoring part of your process.

Mvh Sebastian