[Grok-dev] What is the possible way to do things like view/url('edit') in template

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Fri Jan 30 03:53:37 EST 2009

This is a TALES path expression:

   view/url

This is a TALES pyton expression:

   python:view.url('edit')

They can do different things. See TALES Overview:

   http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/AppendixC.stx

TALES Expression Types
These are the TALES expression types supported by Zope:

	• path expressions - locate a value by its path.
	• exists expressions - test whether a path is valid.
	• nocall expressions - locate an object by its path.
	• not expressions - negate an expression
	• string expressions - format a string
	• python expressions - execute a Python expression

Mvh Sebastian