[Grok-dev] object relationships

Jeroen Michiel jmichiel at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 08:14:46 EST 2009

Seems that it doesn't work 100%...
If I add another schema field to my ITestData interface (the one keeping a
Relation field), I get an error adding a new instance on the applyData
function. An IObjectModifiedEvent is sent for this new instance that causes
the updateRelations handler to be called, which in turn tries to get this
objects Id, but  as it has never been added to the ZODB, it has not been
given an Id yet, so IntId raises a KeyError.

I changed the event.py in z3c.relationfield to first query for the Id, and
if it is None, return.
This solves my problem, but won't this possibly break something else?