[Grok-dev] Grok-doc Request for assistance

Souheil CHELFOUH trollfot at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 07:31:24 EDT 2009

Hi there, Grokkers

During the sprint in Birmingham, Kevin Gill and myself worked on the
permissions in Grok.
Therefore, I'm sorry to announce that a part of the security doc is no
longer "ok".

Grok 1.0 will have a permission fallback meaning that, if you don't
explicitly define a "require" on your view,
a default permission will be assigned : grok.View

In a basic grokproject and in Grok itself, we assigned grok.View permission
to zope.Anybody. BUT, the doc should reflect that,
if the developer wants it, he can remove the grok.View permission to the
zope.Anybody group. This is really different than using zope.Public.

You can get more information in :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/grok/+bug/389386