[Grok-dev] Europython sprint summary
Reinout van Rees
reinout at vanrees.org
Tue Jul 7 06:09:59 EDT 2009
To summarize our successful sprint (copied from my weblog):
* Template registration stuff api refactoring is still going on. It is
getting better and better. Martijn will continue it later on. It is
pretty hard to make it explicit and simple without ending up with
* The grokcore.view View/CodeView refactoring is almost done. The
dependent packages are all fixed, except for core grok (which needs
releases of several packages), so weâll do that on a branch. And the
update notes. Christian tackles the grok branch and Iâll tackle the
* The wsgi login.html issue is fixed, including test. Hurray!
* The new grok.view permission still needs to be integrated in several
packages, fixing some tests for every one (the same kind of test and
code changes that had to happen for the grokcore.view changes).
So: out of five original issues:
* Two fully fixed.
* Two basically fixed, but needing some solid follow-up to finish the
* One needs some real work.
âSo, can we release 1.0 tomorrow?â No, not yet. But out of five major
blockers, four are completely or basically fixed. We need one or two
weeks to finish off those last steps and a beta of 1.0 can go out. Iâll
look at the 1.0 bugs again this week with Jan-Wijbrand in order to
postpone most of them to 1.1. I want that 1.0 :-)
Thanks to all the sprinters for their hard work!
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Software developer at http://www.thehealthagency.com
"Military engineers build missiles. Civil engineers build targets"
More information about the Grok-dev