[Grok-dev] Martian incompatibility between 0.11 and 0.12

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 15:32:02 EDT 2009

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The newly released martian 0.12 seems to not support the get_default
> keyword argument to martian.directive().
>
> This breaks grokcore.annotation (and thus five.grok).
>
> Is this an intentional change, or do we need some BBB code there?

It is a) intentional and b) noted before that the 0.12 release was not
yet compatible with anything Grok.

The 0.12 release was made to support the release of repoze, that would
like to make use of features in it. Grok still needs to be updated to it
- but that's actually planned for *after* the 1.0 release.

Regards,
jw