[Grok-dev] Starting grok-doc mailling list a solution or a problem?

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leorochael at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 09:57:11 EDT 2009

IMHO, if some people feel it's intimidating to post on the grok-dev
list about grok documentation, then I think we, as a comunity, have an
issue to solve in this main grok list. Grok is not even at 1.0 yet
(though we're close). I believe it's too early to separate
documentation concerns from development concerns, specially since we
can gather valuable feedback about what to develop when we discover
something that is too difficult or confusing to document.

Incidentally, I believe the same thing about an eventual grok-users
list. We still need the basic user feedback in shaping Grok.

I don't think we have so much traffic on this list as to warrant the
separation, and if people feel less inclined to post about
documentation on this list than on a separate list, then we need to
change their perception about this list.

Cheers, Leo