[Grok-dev] Graphs and Plots

modiadi adi at modiadi.com
Tue Jun 16 10:52:48 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am doing a stok trader site and I also want to use graphs in the site.

At this point I am using a specialized view with a flash charting
component inside.

I also need a simple solution for about 6 mini stock charts displayed
on the entire site.
For this I made a couple of experiments with flot http://code.google.com/p/flot/
  (which may be the same as http://solutoire.com/flotr/docs/). My
problem with this library is that it is drawing the charts directly in
the browser. It loads from the server the chart data.
I am interested to replace it with something wich can produce an image
file. It should be a server side solution without using a remote
server like Google Chart. Probably in the next couple of weeks I will
start working on it.
If you wish we can work on something together and after that share it
with other grok users (if it will worth something ...)

Please let me know if you want to do that.

Anyway, I can show you what I did with flot, which is basically view
based.  In this case the caching part is solved by the web server. The
chart data is a simple file and with a clever configuration it can be
cached.

Regards,