[Grok-dev] Graphs and Plots

Jeroen Michiel jmichiel at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 04:39:44 EDT 2009

Thanks for the info, guys!

Flot and flotr look nice, and since they run client-side it solves the
problem of recalculating for each plot, but the images can't be generated
standalone, I gather. Also, the supported graphtypes are somewhat limited.
My project is for scientific research, so I want to keep the largest set of
graphtypes available.

That leaves me with matplotlib
(http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/index.html) and ReportLab
(http://www.reportlab.org/) (thx for this one Sebastian).
I can hardly decide on one of those... matplotlib doesn't seem to install
without extra effort using easy_install on Windows, though.
Does anyone know if there are any significant differences between the 2
(potential-wise), because both seem equally able to me.