[Grok-dev] What's holding up five.grok?

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 09:22:39 EDT 2009

Sylvain Viollon wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:52:09 +0800
> Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>

>   Hi,
>
>> I'm really desperate for a new five.grok release. :)
>>
>> Any ideas what's holding one up? I can try to help if needed.
>>

>    That people review the last changes I did, and on grokcore.site and
>    grokcore.annotations, if they want, and mainly me to have time to do
>    it.
>
>    All tests pass, and everything is up to date.
>
>    But of course, if you want to do the release, well, you can do it,
>    you have rights on pypi. But you will need first to release
>    grokcore.site and grokcore.annotation.
>
>    And I use those new functionality, so I do need a release as well.

Why don't we just do it?

I'm not sure it's right for me to release grokcore.site and
grokcore.annotation since I don't use them and don't know what they do
(though I can guess). Still, if they work, why not release them? Worst
that can happen is that someone uses them and finds that a new release
is required. If they're new packages, it's not as if it's going to sting
anyone.

I know you asked for feedback on this a little while ago. Let's just say
"no news is good news" (or, "asking for forgiveness is easier than
asking for permission") and go for it.

Martin