[Grok-dev] martian release?

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Fri Jun 26 02:10:31 EDT 2009

Within the next week or two, I hope to make a 1.0 final release of the
repoze.bfg web framework (http://bfg.repoze.org).  repoze.bfg uses martian to
allow for decorator-based ZCA configuration.

So far, we've been making folks install repoze.bfg from a custom index.  This
index has a forked version of martian in it, made from the trunk some time ago.
  In particular, this branch prevents ".pyc" files from being grokked.

After a 1.0 release, it'd be nice if we could let people install BFG from PyPI.
  I'm wondering if a 0.12 release of martian would be possible from the trunk to
make sure that folks don't get startup errors resulting from attempting to grok
.pyc files.  Is there anything I can do to help?

- C