[Grok-dev] unique item in container question

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Tue Mar 17 13:54:48 EDT 2009

I'd just like to mention that one of the reasons why you might find it
difficult in the beginning is because one always thinks "there must be
a really smart way to do this" when one sometimes should just go with
the good old KISS and then refactor if one learns of a better way.

You will often get pointers to pretty powerful components, but as a
newbie they are sometimes quite difficult to understand.

I built a CMS from scratch and it is serving very well right now, and
I can assure you that I have had to rewrite many hacks BUT I find that
I have saved a lot of time and frustration by winging it.

My rule of thumb has been that if I don't find an obviously superior
and understandable solution within say an hour or two of research I
just write my own really simple solution.

My inspiration was Martijns hurry components and the comment "I write
my own because I am in a hurry...".

Mvh Sebastian