[Grok-dev] progress on megrok.form

Santiago Videla santiago.videla at gmail.com
Fri May 1 11:38:23 EDT 2009

Hi

> 1) build at least megrok.datetimewidget in a similar style like
> hurry.yui and other eggs, that fetch the foreign code only before
> releases, so that the code does not enter the Zope repository. This way
> we could use the already used JavaScript (in a newer version).
>
> 2) deprecate zc.datetimewidget, megrok.datetimewidget, etc. and use for
> example the calendar from YUI (provided by hurry.yui) instead. This has,
> however, some drawbacks: with the YUI calendar one can only go
> forward/back one month at once. So picking for example your date of
> birth can become quite cumbersome: people of age 50 have to click the go
> back button about 600 times to pick their date. People of age 99 might
> even die before they reach that point ;) There might be a workaround,
> however. I am not a YUI expert.

In terms of support and maintenance, I guess that  2) it's better (the
latest release of the calendar used in zc.datetimewidget was 4 years ago).
But I never used YUI before, so I have no idea if there is a way to resolve
that issue... anyone?

otherwise 1) it's the way to go, right? but maybe we could use another
javascript library instead of that calendar.

jquery for example: http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker/

we could create hurry.jquery, and re-write the calendar widget in
megrok.form as we did for tinyMCE. Besides that, jquery has a lot of plugins
and extra features to play around in megrok.form

what do you think?

--
Santiago Videla
www.revolucionesweb.com.ar

Sigue la mata dando de que hablar siempre abajo y a la izquierda donde el
pensamiento que se hace corazón resplandece con la palabra sencilla y
humilde que l at s tod at s somos.