[Grok-dev] hurry.extjs

Santiago Videla santiago.videla at gmail.com
Mon May 4 10:51:45 EDT 2009

Hi,

No objections as long as ExtJS is not included in the svn.zope.org. I'll
> note that ExtJS is under the GPL now (after many license changes), which
> isn't very compatible with many ZPL-based projects. I would interpret
> GPL-ed code on the client side not to make my server code automatically
> GPL as well, but the ExtJS authors explicitly do interpret it that way;
> just be warned of potential license confusions with ExtJS...

Thanks for your points. Actually I'm newbie in free software development and
contributions, so I don't understand the whole problems with licenses yet

What about these?

http://extjs.com/products/ux-exception.php
http://extjs.com/products/floss-exception.php

As I saw ZPL listed there, I thought that ZPL and ExtJS could be friends
from now on... :)

> All this doesn't take away from the idea that a hurry.extjs could be
> very useful to build *applications*, so by all means go ahead!

Great, anyways I'll wait until I understand how ExtJS license and ZPL could
work together

Regards

> Regards,
>
> Martijn

Santiago Videla
www.revolucionesweb.com.ar
http://www.linkedin.com/in/svidela

Sigue la mata dando de que hablar siempre abajo y a la izquierda donde el
pensamiento que se hace corazón resplandece con la palabra sencilla y
humilde que l at s tod at s somos.