[Grok-dev] Elixir ORM Mapper for grok
do3ccqrv at googlemail.com
Sun May 10 08:44:54 EDT 2009
while trying to grok Martian, I wanted to try it with a small example. The
result is a grokker for Elixir schema definitions. It generates
zope.interfaces with zope.schemas for it, and make the class implement some
interfaces so that it can be traversed in grok.
Elixir is a module that allows you to write one class and does everything
whats needed for you to be able to persist it. It looks a bit like a
Interface with schemas:
title = Field(Unicode(30))
year = Field(Integer)
description = Field(UnicodeText)
Now, what did I get working:
- The class at it is, will be grokked, and I create a Interface with schema
information out of it.
- Together with a custom traverser, I can look at instances that I saved to
the database before.
- Edit and Displayforms
Whats does not work
- I was just playing around and I decided to stop, before the "commit the
changes to the database" stuff. I tried it once in an interactive shell, and
Whats too unfinished
- I just made mappers for three different schema types, I do not retrieve
all attributes from the elixir schema information
- I did not dig into relations either, might be complicated, but maybe not.
- Somehow, my views got loaded to early, before I grokked the model data.
Also, the dynamically generated interface cannot be easily referenced. So an
EditForm looks like that currently:
self.form_fields = grok.Fields(Movie.grokked_interface)
I just wanted to play around with all this stuff, I have no itch scratching
me, so I stop here for now, and look at it at a later time again, maybe at
Meanwhile if somebody has an urgent interest for getting this stuff to work,
please contact me and I'll clean the stuff up and publish it.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Grok-dev